Review of 'The Purple Moon' by Neelam Saxena Chandra






About Author:

Neelam Saxena Chandra is an engineer by profession and works with Indian Railways. She has two novels, one novella, three poetry books and three children’s story books to her credit, besides more than six hundred published stories/poems. Neelam has been awarded for her works by Gulzarji in a Poetry Contest organized by American Society, by Children Book Trust in 2009, and by Ministry of Railways (Premchand Purashkar). She is the lyricist for the song which won the Popular Choice Award in Folk Fusion category in Radio City Freedom Award. She was also short-listed in Forbes’ list of 100 person for their contribution in Literature.
.
Writing Style: 5/5

The Purple Moon by Neelam Saxena Chandra is an oasis for poetry lovers. Market is flooded with so called true poetry polluting the delicate yet affective genre of Poetry. When this collection of 100 poems came to me, the name associated with it, gave me kind of solace that I would be investing my time in treasure. My expectation was true one. I fell in love with Neelamma’am’s writing style. The poems are simple yet spellbinding. Cover page of the novel caught my attention and I must say it's quite soothing. Theme of love is chewed up in popular fiction but these poems gave me goose bumps. The way love is defined here. Better to say not defined but simply presented. Each and every person who has ever experienced this feeling of Love, will feel their emotions voiced through these magnificent poems. Like rainbow, these poems carry different stages of love and lovers as well as beloveds. 

I loved all of them but few of them touched my heart deeply as they voiced my feelings for my love. The craving of every lover is presented in very simple yet charming words. I must say you all need to read this work as this anthology of poems reminded me of Wordsworth’s definition of poem.

“"Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquillity." 

This was my first experience of reading Neelam Saxena Chandra and after reading it I have added her to my list of favourite authors. 

My rating for the collection is 5/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Mother Sparsh Baby Body Wash

Holi skincare tips with Cocodew Cold pressed Coconut Oil

She is Mardaani